Houston, TX – Jan. 13, 2012 – The Egyptians did it with iron plates, those of the Renaissance used bricks and metal rods, and the Japanese were adept at using heated combs. The methods may vary but women throughout the ages had one goal – straight hair. Now there’s no need for traditional hair smoothing methods with the introduction of the first non-toxic hair smoothing system by MacVoil™.
The professional salon treatment offers a formula rich in all natural botanicals and non-toxic ingredients for formaldehyde free hair smoothing hair care. The revolutionary new treatment by MACVOIL™ utilizes micro-emulsion nanotechnology to deliver powerful keratin therapy that provides smooth hair for months.
There’s no need for gloves, masks and complicated ventilation systems with the MACVOIL™ hair smoothing system. The formula contains no carcinogens or harsh chemicals that can prove hazardous to hair and health. The hair smoothing treatment is appropriate for all hair types and styles. The MACVOIL™ Keratin Hair Smoothing Treatment eliminates frizz, moisturizes and detangles for enhanced hair color, leaving locks healthy, smooth and shiny.
MACVOIL™ utilizes a proprietary blend of ingredients that are certified 100 % botanical. Hand selected from boutique growers, products are formulated in small batches and blended by talented artisans. The firm employs green technology in its exclusive five step water purification process, along with cold water processing to maintain the integrity of each ingredient’s unique properties and product performance.
The MACVOIL™ Keratin Hair Smoothing Treatment was developed by Dr. Frank Tavakoli, a man who has been changing the world of hair care for the past 20 years. Passionate about the environment and dedicated to creating earth-friendly products, Tavakoli’s methods have resulted in specialty hair care solutions that include Shiva, Clio, Silkology and MACVOIL™. The exclusive line of MACVOIL™ products includes MACVOIL™ Anti-Aging Hair Care, MACVOIL™ Argan and Cypress Oils and MACVOIL™ Keratin Hair Smoothing Treatment
Prior to the creation of the MACVOIL™ Keratin Hair Smoothing Treatment, options were limited to Brazilian Blowouts, Thermal Reconditioning and Japanese straightening products that contain ingredients that can cause damage to hair and put users’ health at risk. Canada has banned the use of such products, but many are still using them in the U.S. The release of the MACVOIL™ Keratin Hair Smoothing Treatment provides an all-natural alternative that provides results without dangerous chemicals and adverse effects.
MACVOIL™ Keratin Hair Smoothing Treatment represents a major breakthrough in the science of hair care, eliminating the need for dangerous chemicals and processes. The all natural MACVOIL™ Keratin Hair Smoothing Treatment provides the ultimate in smooth, silky hair, without returning to the bricks, metal plates and heated combs of the ancients.
MACVOIL™ can be reached toll-free 800-622-1330, or by visiting the website at http://www.macvoil.com.
If you are thinking of getting your hair straightened, here is some important information for you to consider. A group of hair straightening products known as “Brazilian Keratin Treatment” (BKT) may contain formaldehyde.
- Exposure to formaldehyde can cause irritation of the eyes, nose, throat, and skin.
- People with asthma or other respiratory diseases may be more sensitive than others to the effects of breathing formaldehyde.
- Formaldehyde is classified as a known human carcinogen (cancer-causing chemical).
The amount of formaldehyde exposure you get depends upon:
- the product used,
- stylist technique, and
- ventilation in the salon.
The hair straightening products that were tested and shown to contain formaldehyde are listed below. There are more than 150 hair straightening products on the market, and we do not know how many others may contain formaldehyde. You can’t count on the label. Some products were labeled “formaldehyde-free”, “organic” or “natural”, but were found to contain formaldehyde when tested.
How are you exposed to formaldehyde?
You can breathe in formaldehyde when the product is:
- applied to your hair,
- heated on your head with high temperature blow dryers and flat irons, or
- being used on other customers.
You may continue to be exposed to formaldehyde until the product is washed out of your hair. You can also be exposed if you use at-home treatments of BKT hair straighteners.
What products contained formaldehyde?
Formaldehyde was measured in the products listed below. Remember that there are many products on the market and most have not been tested, so we do not know how many others may also contain formaldehyde.
- Brazilian Blowout Solution
- Brazilian Blowout Acai Professional Smoothing solution
- Brazilian Gloss Keratin Smoothing Gloss
- Cadiveu Brazilian Thermal Reconstruction
- Coppola Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy, Natural Keratin Smoothing Treatment
- Coppola Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy, Natural Keratin Smoothing Treatment, Light Wave
- Coppola Keratin Express Brazilian Smoothing Treatment
- Coppola Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy
- Global Keratin Functional Keratin Hair Taming System Light Wave Chocolate
- Global Keratin Taming System Strawberry
- Global Keratin Taming System with Juvexin Strawberry Resistant
- Global Keratin Taming System with Juvexin Strawberry Light Wave
- IBS Beauty IStraight Keratin Advanced Keratin Treatment
- Kera Green Keratin and Protein Hair
- Marcia Teixeira Advanced Brazilian Keratin Treatment
- Marcia Teixeira Brazilian Keratin Treatment
- Marcia Teixeira Chocolate, extreme de-frizzing treatment
- Pro-Collagen RX Keratin Treatment
- QOD GOLD Solution
Who tested these hair straightening products?
Oregon OSHA (health and safety program), Health Canada and the European Directorate-General of Health and Consumer Affairs did the testing and found formaldehyde in most of the products they tested. They also conducted air tests during application of one of the products in two salons and found that formaldehyde had been released into the air.
What kind of chemical is formaldehyde?
At room temperature, formaldehyde is a colorless, flammable gas that has a distinct, pungent smell. It is also known as methanal, methylene oxide, oxymethyline, methylaldehyde, and oxomethane. When mixed with water, it may be referred to as methylene glycol or formalin (formalin is another name for embalming fluid). You may see one of these names on a product label, but you may not.
What actions are being taken to deal with this concern?
- The New York State Department of Health is monitoring the situation and we are in contact with other states about their experiences with these products. Through this fact sheet, we are taking the precautionary step of alerting salon workers and consumers about the hazards. At this time, we know that 51 companies market a total of 156 products. Over 100 of those are widely distributed in New York. This year alone, seven new products have come on the market. We have no reliable way, at this time, to know which ones contain formaldehyde.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), responsible for regulating cosmetic products, is gathering reports from consumers and salon professionals about eye irritation, breathing problems and headaches.
- The Oregon Department of Consumer Business Services and the Connecticut Department of Public Health issued alerts on the release of formaldehyde from these products.
- The Attorney General of the State of California filed a lawsuit against a California-based manufacturer of one of these products (Brazilian Blowout’s Acai Professional Smoothing Solution) alleging that the manufacturer failed to warn users about the presence of formaldehyde, as required by California regulations.
- Health Canada issued an advisory about the release of formaldehyde from the Brazilian Blowout product. Health Canada also received complaints of burning eyes, nose and throat, breathing difficulties and a report of hair loss.
- The European Directorate-General of Health and Consumer Affairs banned the sale of some products and recalled others.
What should I do if I am concerned about my health because of using these products?
First, consider not having your hair treated with the products.
Seek medical attention, if you are experiencing health problems.
Consumers and salon professionals are urged to report adverse experiences to FDA in either of the following ways:
- Report to the nearest FDA district office. The phone number for the New York State Complaint Coordinator is (866) 446-9055.
- Report online to FDA’s MedWatch adverse event reporting system. You also may call Medwatch at (800) 332-1088 to request a reporting form by mail.
What if I have other questions?
If you have other questions, you can:
- Call us at (518) 402-7900 or toll-free at (800) 458-1158
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us:
New York State Department of Health
547 River Street, Room 230
Troy, New York 12180
Through the ages, women have tried a wide variety of methods to straighten hair, from hot bricks to extreme chemical straightening. Many bald and scarred heads litter the road to extreme hair
straightening…Before jumping on the South of the border crazy train chemical straightening, think twice before applying anything unnaturally chemical to
your hair. No matter how straight or smooth the brochure promises, don’t put your health at risk, especially when safe, natural smoothing products are readily available.
Frank Tavakoli, an earth loving PhD Chemist is passionate about creating organic professional hair care products. Tavakoli’s dedication to organic innovation has produced a staggering
number of specialty hair care products including Shiva, Clio, Silkology and MacVoil. The MacVoil line offers MacVoil Macadamia, MacVoil Argan and Cypress Oils, MacVoil Anti-Aging Hair Care and
last but certainly not least the MacVoil Non-Toxic Hair Smoothing System.
The MacVoil Smoothing System is a safe and effect hair smoothing system that is 100% free of Formaldehyde and other carcinogens. This hair smoothing system is a fusion of organic ingredients, such as natural Keratin, protein from oats, rice whole wheat, soy and yogurt. When combined with state-of-the-art nano technology the MacVoil Smoothing System delivers
beautiful, smooth, shiny healthy hair without the dangerous side effects of toxic chemicals.
Hair straightening product lines like Brazilian Blowouts, Thermal Reconditioning and Japanese Straightening products may give women straight tresses but it takes several steps and the process can also harm them. Brazilian straightening products are manufactured in Latin America and are not required to include comprehensive labeling that outlines the risks associated with their use. Canada has banned the use of solutions used in Brazilian hair straightening, but the FDA hasn’t done the same in the U.S. The technique is still available for those who want it, though the FDA has issued guidelines regarding ventilation, respirators for technicians and protective equipment.
MacVoil Smoothing System employs green technology with the firm’s proprietary blend of natural ingredients for products that enrich hair naturally. Each and every ingredient found in his company’s products are 100% certified botanical, hand selected from boutique organic growers and artisanally small batch formulated. Every product begins with their exclusive 5-process purification cold water process ensuring that the botanical extracts & organic molecules remain intact.
So throw away the gloves, masks and don’t worry about adding expensive ventilation systems in your salon. Create smooth shiny healthier hair with the MacVoil Smoothing
MacVoil can reached toll free by phone at
800-622-1330, or via email with the convenient form on the website.
information, visit the website at http://macvoil.com
There are many anti-aging products for skin, but little thought is usually given to hair protection. MacVoil has addressed that need with a new line of anti-aging products for hair care that repairs and nourishes damaged locks.
Hair is constantly bombarded with environmental pollutants that strip it of essential ingredients needed to stay healthy. Over styling is also damaging to hair and can leave it dry, frizzy and unmanageable. MacVoil anti-aging hair care products rejuvenate, while fostering healthy new growth from the roots outward. The nourishment contained within the company’s products replenishes oils, vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients that daily life strips away.
MacVoil’s new line of anti-aging products begin with a rejuvenating shampoo formula to reverse hair damage and return it to the peak of perfection. It’s safe for all hair types, even hair that’s been colored, and contains no sulfates, phosphates or parabens. The firm’s proprietary formula includes anti-aging ingredients from around the world to nourish follicles and encourage healthy hair growth.
Users can follow the cleansing process with an application of the firm’s anti-aging conditioner. Designed to restore damaged hair cuticles to health, it also nourishes follicles where hair growth begins. Containing a wealth of anti-aging ingredients that include Moroccan, macadamia and cypress oils, MacVoil’s anti-aging conditioner invigorates hair for lustrous locks that are silky smooth and easy to manage.
MacVoil molding cream is ideal for creating long lasting sculpted looks and providing superior protection from the sun. The formula creates texture and allows for easy styling and finishing for a wide array of hairstyles. Those will straight or curly hair will benefit from the rich formula of essential oils, organic botanicals and vitamins.
For those who require extra hold with their styles, MacVoil created its ultra hold spray for maximum control. MacVoil Ultra Hold Spray resists humidity and protects hair from sun damage. The firm’s Therma-A Complex is activated by heat, making it an ideal solution for use with blow dryers. It’s water-soluble and washes out easily in the shower.
MacVoil is a green company that uses proprietary formulas of organically grown botanical ingredients designed to fight the anti-aging process. All products are 100 percent recyclable and easy on the environment. Animals are never used in product testing. MacVoil products are vegan friendly and contain no animal byproducts.
The new line of anti-aging products by MacVoil allows users to repair damaged hair and prevent further harm from taking place. All the firm’s anti-aging products are gentle on hair and suitable for use with all hair types and styles.
Located in Houston, Texas, MacVoil customer service can be reached toll free 800-622-1330 For more information, visit the website at http://macvoil.com/Anti-Aging.html.
Director of Public Relations
President of Sales and Marketing